Documentation is hard work! I started the work on the PROV Python package nearly three years ago and yet its documentation is still quite lacking. As a small effort to make up for it, I thought a simple tutorial might help a bit.
So here it is: the first tutorial for PROV Python!
It will guide you through:
- Installing the Prov package
- Creating a PROV document in Python
- Exporting the document into PROV-N and PROV-JSON
- Displaying the document in a graphical format like the one on the right
- Saving a provenance document in the cloud at ProvStore and retrieve it back
All the above can be done in 10-15 minutes!
PNG export of a simple example from the book Provenance: An Introduction to PROV
Updated 27-Feb-2015: I added a simple instruction in the tutorial showing how to read (i.e. deserialise) a PROV-JSON file into a ProvDocument instance. In addition, I simplified the section on interacting with ProvStore by using Sam Millar's provstore-api package.Go Top